Interested in working for Arda? Take a look at our current openings!
Full Time & Part Time in Chicago, IL
We are looking for hardworking Warehouse Associates. You will be responsible for performing an array of duties such as receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, or managing, organizing and retrieving stock and other responsibilities.
Warehouse Associate job applicants should be comfortable with the following duties and responsibilities:
- Welcoming delivery trucks
- Receiving shipments
- Accommodate and carefully handle fragile merchandise
- Tag and label merchandise
- Label and stockpile merchandise according to size, shape, and type.
- Box, wrap and pack merchandise in accordance with relevant procedures and standards
- Prepare all orders for shipment
- Record and manage all impaired or damaged merchandise items
- Operate adequate merchandise management tools (for example, barcode scanners)
- Enter data in inventory and logistics software programs
Warehouse Associate requirements and qualifications:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Previous working experience as a Warehouse Worker for 1 year preferred
- Hands on experience with inventory and logistics software programs a plus
- Great physical stamina and manual dexterity
- Team player
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem solver
Warehouse Associate applicants should expect 40 hours a week for the full time position and 16 to 20 hours a week for the part time position at a rate of $15.50/hr. Associates will qualify for benefits on a sliding scale based on how many hours the associate works per week. All potential applicants should expect a week in-warehouse trial period before official hire. Hours of operation for warehouse are 8-4:30 M-F. Schedule has opportunity for flexibility, but applicants must be residents of Chicago or the surrounding Chicagoland area. Parking is available on public access streets and public transportation is available via the Green line Ashland and Lake stop in Fulton Market.