Represent Arda Wigs (Summer 2017)
Update: Submissions are officially closed! See our Facebook album for entries, winners, and audience poll!
The next Arda Wigs photo contest is about to start! As always, you can win the opportunity to be featured on our website and social media (Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, etc) banners. The grand prize winner will receive one of our new Lolita styles of their choosing, as well as a $50 gift certificate.
- Out of the photos submitted, the Arda Wigs USA team and Arda Wigs Canada team will each be selecting a grand prize winner to be featured on their website and social media banners. We’ll be doing some crop tests on a handful of favorite photos to see what would look best within our website banner’s 1200×350 dimensions. You might consider submitting a couple alternative photos with your entry in the scenario that your first choice doesn’t quite fit the banner’s orientation. Horizontal-oriented images are preferred for this reason!
- The second and third spot on our rotating banner will be selected via an audience poll. These winners will each receive a $20 certificate to our website.
- Photos containing excessive blood/gore, nudity, drugs, vulgar language, sexual acts, & potentially offensive content will not be accepted.
- Photos that are blurry, altered too much in color, overly photoshopped, overly crowded and not centered with the cosplayer as the focus of the photo will not be accepted.
- Please refrain from house photos into mirrors and progress shots; they will not be accepted.
- We must be able to see the wig. This doesn’t mean we need one photo that has multiple angles in it, but just a nice shot that really shows off the wig you used and the styling done to it, if any. Don’t be afraid to show your wonderful work.
- Contestants are only allowed to win once each year. That means if you were a banner winner in the Summer 2016 contest, you cannot enter again until Fall 2017 or later.
- Only one entry per person. You can enter a group, but no one in the group is allowed to enter another photo of themselves. If you enter in a group, know that we only give out one gift certificate/prize.
- Photos will be judged for acceptance first by the employees of Arda Wigs, and then they will be added to a photo poll for you to vote on. All entries will be added at the same time.
- Please refrain from photos of yourself in a crowded room or convention hall; they will not be accepted. The cosplayer or cosplayers must be the main focus of the photo.
- PHOTO SIZE IS IMPORTANT! Please provide us with the highest quality photo you can, preferably 300 DPI, and the image needs to be at /least/ 1200 pixels wide! Smaller photos will be considered, but if the photo is overly small/too low of a resolution and you don’t have a larger backup, we may be unable to create an ad from your photo, and will therefore have to reject it. Basically, we need to be provided with a photo that’s large enough to create a banner and an ad out of. If you’re unsure, email us with your photo and we’ll let you know if it’s too small.
- PLEASE GET PERMISSION FROM YOUR PHOTOGRAPHERS! A copyright agreement will be required to give us permission to publish your submitted entry on our social media, website, and in promotional materials and advertising. Further details are on the application form page.
- If you are under the age of 18, a signature will be required from your parent or guardian.
Deadline for submissions is June 12th, at Noon/12pm CST! We will then be selecting our Grand Prize winner, and the rest of the entries will be available to vote within the following week. Voting will last a few days (exact date will be announced once the poll is up). The poll winners will be announced the day after the poll closes.
We will be posting entry photos in a facebook album for everyone to see and share, but the actual voting will be happening through a poll application. The number of facebook likes received will not count towards the number of votes!
Any contestant found to be using an off-site, third party bot or crowd source farming website will be disqualified from the contest and have their photo removed from the lineup.
The winners’ photos will be featured for an estimate of 3 months.
Please direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Let the photo sharing commence! Fill out the below application to enter.