Represent Arda Wigs (Winter 2017)
Model: Ashentrees Photo: Elizabeth-Richelle Photography
Entries are now closed! We'll be announcing the grand prize winners on Wednesday December 13th along with the audience choice poll. Thank you for participating!
The next Arda Wigs photo contest is about to start! As always, you can win the opportunity to be featured on our website and social media (Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, etc) banners. Each grand prize winner will receive a full sheet of Thibra, as well as a $20 gift certificate to Arda Wigs or Arda Wigs Canada.
- Out of the photos submitted, the Arda Wigs USA team and Arda Wigs Canada team will each be selecting a grand prize winner to be featured on their website and social media banners. We’ll be doing some crop tests on a handful of favorite photos to see what would look best within our website banner’s 1200×350 dimensions. You might consider submitting a couple alternative photos with your entry in the scenario that your first choice doesn’t quite fit the banner’s orientation. Horizontal-oriented images are preferred for this reason!
- The second and third spot on our rotating banner will be selected via an audience poll. These "Audience Choice" winners will each receive a $20 certificate to our website.
- Photos containing excessive blood/gore, nudity, drugs, vulgar language, sexual acts, & potentially offensive content will not be accepted.
- Photos that are blurry, altered too much in color, overly photoshopped, overly crowded and not centered with the model as the focus of the photo will not be accepted.
- Please don't submit photos with extra people or cars in the background that aren't intentionally part of the shot. Photos in a crowded room/convention hall will not be accepted.
- Please refrain from house photos into mirrors and progress shots; they will not be accepted.
- We must be able to see the wig. This doesn’t mean we need one photo that has multiple angles in it, but just a nice shot that really shows off the wig you used and the styling done to it, if any. Don’t be afraid to show your wonderful work!
- PHOTO SIZE IS IMPORTANT! Please provide us with the highest quality photo you can, preferably 300 DPI, and the image needs to be at /least/ 1200 pixels wide! Smaller photos will be considered, but if the photo is overly small/too low of a resolution and you don’t have a larger backup, it might not be accepted. Enlarging photos that are a low resolution will result in an image that is too blurry to use. If you’re unsure, email us with your photo and we’ll let you know if it’s too small.
- Do not crop your image to the banner dimensions! Our graphics designer can do this if the image is selected. A taller image is needed for social media banners like Facebook, so having some extra pixels to work with is preferred.
- PLEASE GET PERMISSION FROM YOUR PHOTOGRAPHERS! A copyright agreement will be required to give us permission to publish your submitted entry on our social media, website, and in promotional materials and advertising. Further details are on the application form page.
- Contestants are only allowed to win once each year. That means if you were a banner winner in the Winter 2016 contest, you cannot enter again until Spring 2018 or later.
- If an image was entered before but didn't win any prizes, you can submit a different photo of the same look, but not the same photo entered before.
- Only one entry per person. You can enter a group, but no one in the group is allowed to enter another photo of themselves. All group members must be wearing an Arda Wig as well. If you enter in a group, know that we only give out one gift certificate/prize.
- Seasonal Sponsors are allowed to enter (as long as their entry is not using a sponsored wig), but long-term sponsors are not.
- If you are under the age of 18, a signature will be required from your parent or guardian.
- Due to the number of entries we receive, we are no longer able to follow-up for re-submissions if your image does not meet the guidelines. If your entry was not accepted and you're unsure why, you're welcome to email us and we'd be happy to let you know what to look out for in the next banner contest.
Deadline for submissions is December 12th, at Noon/12pm CST! Photos will be judged for acceptance first by the employees of Arda Wigs. We will then be selecting our Grand Prize winner (one for each Arda USA and Arda Canada), and the rest of the accepted entries will be available to vote within the following few days. The poll winner will be announced the day after the poll closes.
We will be posting accepted entry photos in a facebook album for everyone to see and share, but the actual voting will be happening through a poll application. All entries will be added to the album at the same time. The number of Facebook likes received will not count towards the number of votes!
Any contestant found to be using an off-site, third-party bot or crowdsource farming website will be disqualified from the contest and have their photo removed from the lineup.
The winners’ photos will be featured for an estimate of 3 months.
Please direct all questions to email@example.com